Project “FIZCOM – Implementation of inventive animal physiology course for students of biology with use of highly advanced computer softwares” aims to create an innovative course for teaching the basic subject in the curriculum – physiology of animals. By using advanced computer softwares and creating the conditions for interactive learning, the proposed innovative educational course will allow us to completely change and update the way of educating students in response to their needs. In pursuit of this objective students will have the opportunity to observe the virtual physical phenomena occurring in the living body by following the directions and solving the tasks generated by an interactive computer software LabTutor provided by ADInstruments.
Programme: Scholarship and Training Fund
Duration: 01.03.2014 – 31.05.2016
Coordinator: Uniwersytet Łódzki
Unit: Department of Neurobiology, Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection
Project budget: 624 798,00 PLN
Project website: www.fizcom.uni.lodz.pl
- withdrawal from the use of laboratory animals for the purpose of teaching physiology of animals and replacement of animal material with sophisticated computer programs;
- creating equal opportunities during the educational process through the active participation in laboratory classes of students with physical disabilities;
- enhancement of the attractiveness of the University of Lodz educational offer for students from home and abroad;
- improvement of the quality of education, especially in English, which will expand education opportunities for teaching foreign students;
- strengthening of competitiveness of the University of Lodz on the educational market in the country and the EU.