The ESFIDIP – The Establishment of a Foundation for the Integration of Disabled People into HEIs of Azerbaijan project consortium is focused on improving access to higher education of Azerbaijan for disabled people by means of developing guidelines (based on the best solutions and practices in the European Union) for teachers, universities and their institutional environment.
Programme: Tempus IV
Coordinator: Khazar University, Azerbaijan
• University of Lodz, Poland
• Human European Consultancy, Holland
• Karl Franzens Universität Graz, Austria
• University of Macedonia, Greece
• Azerbaijan State Economic University, Azerbaijan
• Lenkaran State University, Azerbaijan
• Ganja State University, Azerbaijan
• Nakhchivan State University, Azerbaijan
• Sumgayit State University, Azerbaijan
• Union of Disabled People Organizations of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan
• Ministry of Education of the Azerbaijan Republic, Azerbaijan
• Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population, Azerbaijan
1) developing guidelines and policies for the inclusion of disabled people in higher education in Azerbaijan;
2) conducting training for university employees in Azerbaijan on working with disabled people;
3) establishing disability centers in each partner university in Azerbaijan;
4) improving the infrastructure for disabled students in Azerbaijan;
5) raising public awareness concerning the needs of disabled students.
1) comparative study report on the situation of disabled students at universities in selected EU countries and Azerbaijan;
2) a set of guidelines and recommendations for the inclusion of disabled people in higher education in Azerbaijan;
3) staff training for the partner universities of Azerbaijan at EU universities;
4) consultation points for students with disabilities in each partner university of Azerbaijan;
5) public awareness campaign concerning the needs of people with disabilities.
To get more information, please contact
tel.: (+48) 42 635 47 52
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.