The new Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP)* supports learning opportunities from childhood to old age in every single life situation. It has a budget of € 7000 millions for the period 2007-2013, and is the successor to the current Socrates, Leonardo da Vinci and eLearning programmes. It is composed of 4 sectoral sub-programmes, 4 transversal programmes and the Jean Monnet programme.
Four Sectoral sub-programmes:
- Comenius (actions for schools),
- Erasmus (higher education),
- Leonardo da Vinci (vocational education and training),
- Grundtvig (adult education)
Four Transversal programmes
Activities in four themed areas across all sectors of education and training:
- Key Activity 1 (policy cooperation and innovation in education and training),
- Key Activity 2 (languages and language learning)
- Key Activity 3 (development of ICT-based content and services)
- Key Activity 4 (dissemination and exploitation of results of the programme)
Jean Monnet Programme (supports institutions and actions in favour of European integration).
*The source of this information is available at the official Educational, Audiovisiual and Culture Executive Agency website.