After two years of intensive work, University of Lodz with four other partners has finished realization of the project GAVA – Governance for Sustainable Development, which was co-funded by the European Union under LLP Erasmus Curriculum Development Programme.
GAVA project has resulted in delivery of a Master and PhD level curriculum entitled “Governance for Sustainability”. The great advantage of the programme is its interdisciplinary character. In order to ensure high quality, each partner involved in its elaboration provided valuable content according to own fields of expertise. Development of GAVA programme was proceeded by Needs Analysis. Surveys were carried out with students, representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as coordinators of study programmes. Research findings were then used while preparing GAVA curriculum what allowed for better adjustment to needs of its future beneficiaries (students and their potential employers). Furthermore, GAVA students are offered an opportunity to study at chosen consortium university that additionally assures international and intercultural dimension. The program also enables students to gain practical knowledge as one semester is almost entirely devoted to internship.
Therefore, we believe GAVA graduates will gain management skills as well as extensive knowledge related to sustainable development that will allow them to become leaders in desired professions and increase their visibility on a labour market.
University of Lodz, a leader of the consortium, was accompanied by:
- University of Westminster (Great Britain, London)
- University of Crete (Greece, Rethymno)
- Fachhochschule für angewandtes Management (Germany, Erding)
- Institut d’enseignement supérieur et de recherche en alimentat (France, Marcy l’Etoile)
Project was also supported by 4 associated partners:
- Donetsk National University (Ukraine, Donieck)
- Instituto Movimento Pro-projectos (Brazil, Florianópolis)
- Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy (India, Bangalore)
- Magatred University (Serbia, Belgrad)
We encourage you to visit the website to learn more about the project:
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union.